Tuesday, 7 June 2016

THE SHRIEKS FROM BELOW PODCAST SHOW VOL 19 - Grip of Delusion Radio 11/6/2016






As played on Grip of Delusion Radio each Saturday@3pm CET, 9pm EST, 8pm UK

Ok, no let up on the immense heaviness of the shows this weekend. Thanks to Roberto Mura and the Third - I - Rex label, I am able to open the show with two tracks from the post-sludge band Sonance off the 'Blister the Maw' split album. The post -sludge continues with Beast in the Field before I turn to one of the heavy metal classics, and one of my all time favourite albums 'Sad Wings of Destiny' with 'Island of Domination' by Judas Priest. I am hugely honoured to be able to present to you an exclusive track from the forthcoming album 'Crack Uni-Verse,  by space, prog, stoner, rockers Quarto Astral. I am waiting to hear the album in its entirety with great anticipation. In complete contast musically, the blackened punk of Insulters is up next, while no one does a cover song quite like Coffins, which is proven by a blistering take on Cathedral's 'Ebony Tears.' The final part of the show is taken up by the sludge of Boar Worship, followed by one of my favourite guitarists, the very underrated Frank Marino. I close proceedings with some more post - metal from Black Chalice.

Band Order

Sonance - Divider
Sonance - End Your Life
Beast in the Field - Discovered, Large Iron Core
Judas Priest - Island of Domination
Quarto Astral - Universe in Flames
Insulters - We Are the Plague 
Coffins - Ebony Tears
Boar Worship - One
Frank Marino - Young Man
Black Chalice - Heliocentric