Thursday, 7 July 2016

THE SHRIEKS FROM BELOW SHOW VOL 23 - Grip of Delusion Radio 9/07/2016


As played on Grip of Delusion each Saturday @3pm EST, 9pm CET and 8pm UK.

So, this week I'm highlighting three fantastic new bands plus one which has released a demo from a couple of years ago in anticipation of a new full length release later this year. I'm opening and closing the show with a track from Israeli stoner doom band Thirst Planet's self titled demo. Showcasing the middle part of the show are a couple of tracks from Brazil's Disaster Boots from their recently released album. I'll also be playing something from a brand new UK band Worship, and I can guarantee that if you want to clear a room of hipsters quickly, play their 'Cathexis' track. I've been anticipating something to emerge from doomsters Funeral Shroud, for some time. It appears that finally something will emerge later this year. In the meantime the band has released an earlier demo on Bandcamp, so I'll play something from that.

To compensate for all of the new bands, I'll be digging out a classic from the very beginnings of High on Fire, plus something from show favourites Kowloon Walled City, and a foray into the doomed minds of Ahab.

Playlist

Thirst Planet
High on Fire
Funeral Shroud
Disaster Boots x2
Worship
Ahab
Kowloon Walled City
Thirst Planet