Friday, 26 August 2016

THE SHRIEKS FROM BELOW VOL 25 - Grip of Delusion Radio 27/8/16


This Saturday 27th August 2016 on Grip of Delusion Radio @ 3pm EST, 9pm CET and 8pm UK, The Shrieks From Below will be back with a new show and a fresh selection of new songs.

Firstly, thanks once again to Roberto Mura of the Third I Rex label for his continuing support for the show by trying to convert me to a 'blacker' style of music. He is, by and large, succeeding as I am playing a track from  one of his suggestions, a band called VIII.

Thanks must also go to Alexis Hollada of the Texan band Doomstress for providing me with the opportunity to play something off their excellent EP. Finally, I wish to thank Louie, guitarist of the superb Lightbulb Vaporizer and good friend of the show for giving me the nod when their new album Free the Leaf became available.

As usual, I've tried to mix things up a little with various styles of music, but always mindful of keeping it heavy, and I think that with this show, I've succeeded with flying colours.

I'm kicking things off with the Grief type sludge from Aussie filth dealers She Beast before switching to the stoner groove of Stone House on Fire. Spain's Abduction Plan gives us a taste of Mediterranean trippy blues, before procedures darken with a track by Vow of Thorns. Next up is the crunching NWOBHM type doom of  Doomstress, followed by an epic track of atmospheric blackness by VIII. The last two tracks are in total contrast to each other in which the meandering jams of  Lightbulb Vaporizer precludes the show before I suck the life out of it with the immense closer by doom sludge band Dejected Mass.

Band Order

She Beast
Stone House on Fire
Abduction Plan
Vow of Thorns
Doomstress
VIII
Lightbulb Vaporizer
Dejected Mass