Thursday, 15 September 2016

THE SHRIEKS FROM BELOW VOL 27 - Grip of Delusion Radio 17/9/2016



As played on Grip of Delusion Radio each Saturday @ 3pm EST, 9pm CET and 8pm UK.

Starting the show this week by spitting acid around the internet in the form of a track by Harmonik Trip. The band has just reopened their bandcamp page after a while lurking in the Soundcloud basement. I'm playing something off an earlier demo however. It's a little lo-fi, but this is how rock like this should sound.

I'm highlighting a new album due for release later this month. It's called 'Dawn of the Satanic Age' by Clouds Taste Satanic, and I'll be playing two tracks from that. Also, a big thank you to Konstantin of Wolves Carry My Name, for providing me with the opportunity to play a track off  their upcoming EP 'Black Earth Tongue'. I have some post - sludge this week from Northless, and in complete contrast to their plodding tempo, I'm following with the black thrash of Battlestorm. Forgive the indulgence when I play 'Let it Burn' by the obscure Number Nine Experiment, it's just that ever since I stumbled on it a couple of years ago, it has a tendency to stick in my mind. Frilly shirts are also donned in homage to the sublime gothic sounding doom of Lethian Dreams, before the prog tainted metal of  Oberon assaults the speakers. Filth lovers are catered for in the ominous shape of Mortiferik, before I close the show with Lord Dying.

Band Order:
Phlefonyaar - Usual Intro
Harmonik Trip
Clouds Taste Satanic
Northless
Battlestorm
Number Nine Experiment
Wolves Carry My Name
Lethian Dreams
Clouds Taste Satanic
Oberon
Mortiferik
Lord Dying